November 26, 2010

Follow me

Hunter came in by train from Chicago on Wednesday night. Late. To make things easier we decided to drop off a car for him at the train station. On our way out of the house Dan said “follow me.”

I followed him down our street and through the parkway to 76th.  When he got to Wisconsin Avenue he turned left and I followed him into downtown. He parked his car and jumped in mine.

On the way home he asked me why didn’t I want to take the freeway? I don’t typically take the freeway in town, so I was heading up St. Paul. Why was this a problem?

Dan said no, why didn’t I want to take the freeway on the way to the station, it’s faster?

What? I was following you on the way there.

You turned on your directional at Wisconsin Avenue

I did?

Yeah, so I figured I better just turn left.

But I was following you and you could have gone to the freeway.

Well, I figured you didn’t want to take the freeway for some reason.

Hmmm.

I took Hunter back to the train station this morning. Halfway there I realized I was on the freeway.

So now this is stuck in my head. Who is following who?

Music that resonates:
R.E.M. -- Stand

No comments:

Post a Comment